If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Kansas.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thoughts Swimming in My Head

Some days it just doesn't seem worth it. I remember when I was around the age of twelve my father told me that I would live to see the end of the world. Being a child at the time, and for several years after, I never thought that those words would ring so true. Now it seems just a matter of time. I remember being a child in the late seventy's early eighty's, hanging out with my neighborhood buddies, riding our bikes all over town, going swimming, hanging out in the park, "fishing" for crawdads in the creek. Just having a good time, not a care in the world. I remember the late eighty's early ninety's with just as much fondness. My first job, first car, my first girlfriend, when I lost my.....well, you know. Graduating High School (a remarkable achievement I must say). My first shotgun, pistol and so on and so forth. Now at the age of 41 I have so much more responsibility than ever before I have a hard time enjoying anything. As sit here and type this my second child, all of eight years old, sleeps in the next room. Summer is here and there is no reason to wake him. Sometimes I watch him sleep and I think to myself, what will be his first? His first indoctrination, first encounter with the PTB or JBT's. His first slave wage job,(if he can find one) first FEMA camp.His first visit to his fathers grave....shot for resisting. It saddens and scares me when I think of what awaits my children. Fathers day is coming up in couple of weeks and this Fathers day you will find me celebrating it the same way I have for the past six years. Celebrating with my wife and child(ren?) at home and later at the cemetery mourning my Father.RIP CLK---MCK

6 comments:

Phelan said...

I sometimes feel the same way, but then remember that I can't be a defeatist. We struggle here just to preserve a old school way of life, living close to the earth. And it seems like everything we have worked so hard is getting yanked out from under me, with new rules and regulations about what I can and can not do. And then, sometimes it feels like we are be forced to live this traditional life just because you can't afford to live any other way. But I want the choice. I want my children to have both worlds, traditional and technical. I worry about my boys, I am concerned about the way they are treated for being male, I worry about what options they will have, if they get to even have options when they are adults. I don't want to live in the boonies in a bunker. I want my boys to live free. And it all just feels like it is falling apart.

But I will not be a defeatist.

MCK said...

Point well taken Phelan, but I am not trying to be a defeatist, I just had all these thoughts running through my head and felt the need to put them into words.

Anonymous said...

Good post MCK. I hope the best for us all. It's a tough world out there right now. Things will only get worse I'm afraid...

matthiasj
Kentucky Preppers Network

Anonymous said...

Excellent post, MCK. I too wonder what kind of world my girls will face. We are transitioning from a techi lifestyle to one more grounded and in the now - learning skills that were second nature to my parents growing up and were not passed on to me. I walk into the future scared yet with my head held high and defiant. The future is what my girls and I choose to make of it.

Phelan said...

The defeatist was for myself, not for you at all.

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE POST MCK.
THE IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN MORALS AND VALUES. HOW TO BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS BUT INSTILL IN THEM VALUE
OF LIFE LOVE AND THE TRUE PERSUIT OF HAPPINESS.
AND I THINK OUR KIDS WILL TURN OUT FINE.
MY DAD ALSO SAID THE WORLD WOULD END IN MY LIFE TIME IT REALLY MADE ME THE MAN I AM TODAY.
AND THE MEN MY 3 BOYS WILL BE TOMORROW.


Kansas Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Kansas Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.