If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Kansas.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Friday, June 26, 2009

Are you Prepared for Jail?

I have had this discussion with my family as well as many friends. I am prepared to go to jail. There are some things in life that you must stand up for, things that you are so passionate about that you will refuse to abide a new law that makes little sense. And as long as you hurt no one or destroy property for what you deem is right, you are in the right.

I am prepared to go to jail over NAIS. Have been for a few years now. Some of my fellow homesteaders and ranchers that I have talked to are also prepared to go. We request that we can all be on the same cell block. We realize that we will lose everything if NAIS becomes mandatory and we don't comply with it. But we also know that we will lose everything even if we do comply. There just isn't the money for us to do this thing. With Cap and trade about to be passed, adding an extra $1400 to our utility bills, the extra $45 per animal isn't going to be there. And those of us that raise natural livestock will lose out on that one thing "natural". Not to mention the loss of privacy, and the power the USDA will wield over us.

Wendel Berry had the same thoughts, and told them at a NAIS town meeting.

I understand the principles of civil disobedience, from Henry Thoreau to Martin Luther King. And I’m willing to go to jail to defend the young people who, I hope, will still have a possibility of becoming farmers on a small scale in this supposedly free country. Thanks you very much. (applause, cheers)

Read his entire statement here on Farm-to-consumer Legal defense.

The 13th amendment reads—
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.


I am prepared, Mr Berry is prepared, but are you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, free room & board, heat and air conditioning, meals, cable, an education if I want one, gym membership, fresh air once a day.... Is there a downside to this?

Phelan said...

hehe, I would probably eat better in prison than I am now.

Anonymous said...

I'm prepared for anything. If they come for me they better be prepared also.

matthiasj
Kentucky Preppers Network

APN said...

wife and I have already come to an agreement on this, our livestock is our property and our pets are our family. And we'll fight to keep it that way even if it means going to jail

esbee said...

Christians in Moslem countries are prepared for death as that is what they face for not being Mulsim.

Here I am a Christian in America where it is really easy to be one, because there is very little prosecution for claiming the name of Jesus as savior, except for possibly being stared at like a food for talking about God.

Then here comes NAIS. One day, I totally give my life to God and say, Whatever YOU want in my life..." Later that day I trip over nothing, breaking my back, but not knowing it, the next day I get an email from a stranger telling me about NAIS. Three years later, here I am, in a fight against my govt who wants to put the onerous rules/regs of a program that goes against the constitution and religious rights and also facing the question about being willing to go to jail over it, which if that happened, I would be fired from my teaching job and possibly lose my retirement.

Funny how I have been more vocal about telling others about NAIS and wish I had the same fervor to tell them about Jesus, His death on the cross for our sins, saving us from an eternity in hell.

esbee said...

sorry in my previous post that is "stared at like a FOOL" not food
but I guess if NAIS goes through and food becomes scarce, we may well face that possibility of being considered "food" by the starving.


Kansas Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Kansas Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.